Our church has an awesome youth group that she got involved with over the summer. All summer they talked about Awanita. Awanita is a HUGE Christian Campground that is an awesome experience (I went to Awanita 23 years ago-shocking isn't it!). Here is their website www.Awanita.org they have TONS to do ( alot more than when Mommy went)so I know she'll have a good time, but we don't even do sleepovers at our house so for her to be gone 3 days and 2 nights is a REALLY big deal! The one thing I didn't count on was how much we would miss her-even her brothers are ready for her to come. Here are some pictures.
Getting her stuff out of the van:
Mom quit taking my picture!!!
My shy child took the path of least resistance and sat right behind the driver (poor little homeschool kid doesn't realize you go to the back of the bus-LOL)
Here is how they left. There are a total of 120 kids going and hopefully between 2 and 3 o clock today we'll see this big bus pulling into the church parking lot bringing back our precious little (okay okay BIG) girl!
3 comments:
sooooooooooo? Did she have a great time, or what? Was she allowed call you at all? or you, her?
She had a GREAT time! We had absolutely NO contact what so ever. She didn't take her cell phone (they don't work on the mountain) that was the toughest part for me.
They are planning a trip back in the winter to ski and she wants to go she loved it.
Oh my gosh! I didn't realize it was AWANITA she was going to!! I've been there several times! (At least 4!) - I was my first away-from-home trip too and I LOVED it! Glad M. had a good time! That's really good for her! (Now just gotta work on her bus seat choices!!)
Post a Comment